Tuesday, August 6, 2013

50 Things most people don't know about me

Thanks to a good friend who challenged me to do this "50 Things" thing (thanks Nick Jones.. I will get even with you) I decided what better way and time to also dust off the old "Slothington Post" blog.... So here goes (and no I didn't take this too seriously.. sorry Nick)

1. I sleep alone every night by choice... (granted not my choice but still...)

2. I am single by choice... (see #1 for reason)

3. After 2 viewings, I actually like "Sharknado"

4. I collect Sports Team hats  like women collect shoes..

5. I also collect books like women collect shoes.

6. I am a proud member of Hufflepuff house.. take that you uptight Gryffindor bastards

7. I love Shark Week

8. I am also a proud member of The Nights Watch... (see numbers 1 and 2)

9. I watch Craig Ferguson every night

10. While driving or traveling I often look at the scenery outside and rate it on how useful it would be to hide or bury a body...

11. In the immortal words of the great Augustus McRae..."I ain't skeert to be lazy"

12. I like all kinds of music except Wrap.. I always end up taped to the roll instead of the present..

13. I am guarded while I sleep by ALF... don't mess with him...

14. I am not a big fan of C.S. Lewis's "Narnia" books....

15. I am actually good at Match.. I know,, surpised me as well..

16. I secretly hope that one day I will rock the Walter White bald head and the Uncle Si beard..

17. Computers hate me.. but the NSA says I must use one...

18. I will stop and watch "Lonesome Dove" everytime it is on...

19. I usually vote what the voices tell me...

20. Ok so i lied.. I thought of a few more....

21. I am fascinated with British History and will read ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I can find that covers the period between the 800's and the Victorian Era...

22. I loved the Manning Brothers.. "Football on Your Phone" ad for Direct TV

23. I take life too seriously far too often and am trying to do better.

24. I no longer put my personal beliefs and political views out there.. my friends know where I stand (wether we agree or not) and all the arguing does no good anyway.

25. I am fan of musicals....

26. I am fascinated with Serial Killers... (reading about them, not becoming one)

27. I always pick the bad or dark side in video games, RPG's.....

28. I want to get a tattoo but I am afraid of the pain

29. I feverishly study about something when I am fascinated by it...

30. BUT... I am quick to latch onto a new subject for study or reading..

31. I believe in the Bible and it's truths....

32. BUT...it is the modern church's "interpretation" that I question.

33. I am both fascinated and horrified by snakes..

34. I am more liberal than my liberal friends would believe..

35. I suffer from mild undiagnosed OCD...

36. I believe Oswald did NOT kill JFK...

37. My life's dream is to be a writer ...

38. BUT... I don't have the patience to research or actually sit down and write..

39. I prefer Star Wars to Star Trek but I love them both

40. I hate rules..

41. BUT... I respect authority

42. I wish I could be less judgmental and more accepting...

43. I am far more intolerant than I would like to be.

44. I prefer to judge individuals rather than race.

45. I believe it is wrong for an African-American to use the N word... just as wrong as it is for whites to use it... any other justification is hypocritical and wrong..

46. I believe in both nature and nurture.. it takes both

47. I miss my mom and brother more than I show

48. I bottle things up rather than deal with them

49. I will watch just about anything on BBC America (the BBC as well if I could get it)

50. I absolutely love British Humor (Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Are you being Served, Mrs. Brown's Boys, etc...)

2 comments:

  1. This is outstanding, and I'm glad I goaded you into it. You have a talent for writing, use it! Oh, wait, I forgot, the slothfulness of it all....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Malvie... I try and I love to write.. I am just well.. lazy.. lol

    ReplyDelete