Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tree Association Thursday II

Ok, for today's Tree Association Thursday I am gonna get a little mystical and metaphysical, or at least I am gonna pretend that's what I am vice just being loco.

I have a strong belief that we are truly souls trapped in a flesh and blood vehicle. And as these souls we are made up of what I call "soul strings". These souls strings are what connect us to life and experience and others. For example... the term soulmates which I believe exist. I do believe each of us has at least 1 soulmate and most likely more. There is the romantic soulmate.. the perfect copy for us, the perfect complement to us that "completes us" to borrow from Jerry Maguire. When we come near this person (or persons) that particular soul string vibrates/resonates and we feel complete/whole/at peace. Now this is not to say we all end up with that person as intended or wished. Sometime they are with someone else, be it another soul mate of theirs or they just settled for the wrong person. I also think we have more soulmates, more soulfriends if I can make up my own word. These soulfriends are who we refer to as BFF's or what have you. Some of us have more than others and some of us only have a small number that we put in this category and consider brothers or sisters or family.

I also believe we have soul strings that resonate with certain interests of ours, with certain "soul DNA" that reach back through time and history and genetics to connect us. For example I offer my fascination with British History and such. I am connected with that topic, with those individuals, with that period because I hold some soul DNA of that. I also have some soul DNA of the South. I warned you this was gonna be mystical, metaphysical, or just plain weird.

And finally, I am from the South and I have a deep, ingrained affinity for the South and her people.. faults and all. And I have learned that we southerners are particular and eccentric bunch. We are warm, friendly, open, and welcoming to all but we are at the same time reserved, withdrawn and secretive. We rarely and truly open ourselves up to others. We are afraid of being hurt, we are afraid of pain and suffering, we are afraid of failure and we hide behind courtesy, manners, and humor. We southerners are quick to make a joke, to poke fun at ourselves, others, and the situation. We use this to hide from pain and suffering and failure. You Yankees wouldn't get that for you are too cold and distant and humorless to understand (I am kidding my Northern family members). When things get too deep and meaningful for us, we are quick to crack a joke.. it is a coping and hiding mechanism. A safety device if you will. It exasperates those with us who are trying to get to know us, who are trying to sound us out, to love us, but it is just how we are.

Anyway.. that is enough weird for one day. Thanks for sticking it out... that is provided anyone is still here by this sentence. If there isn't then may you fall in a hole filled with sharpened stakes and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment